The prevalence of fatty liver diseases in the general Indian population is around 9-32%. According to Ayurveda, the liver belongs to pitta dosha due to its hot nature. In the Ayurveda health care system Fatty Liver Ayurvedic Treatment is used to heal the liver. Unhealthy and too much spicy food intake disturbs the liver’s functioning. Ayurvedic treatment for the liver helps you change your eating habits, and natural herbs enhance the self-healing property of your body.
The liver is a vital organ and plays a crucial role in the digestion and metabolism process. It helps you to remove the poisonous substances from the whole body and purify the blood. However, when too much hot food disturbs the liver function, it leads to other liver diseases such as liver cirrhosis, and hepatitis, etc. To keep the liver in the proper operation, you can use the Liver Ayurvedic Treatment.
What do you understand by the fatty liver?
It is a chronic liver disease in which excessive fat accumulation occurs in the liver due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Fatty liver disease has two types, Alcoholic fatty liver disease, and non-alcoholic liver disease.
Causes Of fatty Liver
- Insulin resistance
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Heavy alcohol intake
- Increased levels of triglyceride or fats in the blood
Now have a look at the contributing factors which increase the risk of getting fatty liver disease. Although later on, we will discuss how to save your body from these risk factors with Fatty Liver Ayurvedic Treatment.
- High cholesterol level in the blood
- Increased triglyceride level in the blood
- Metabolic disorders
- Overweight or obesity
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Sleep apnea
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Symptoms of fatty liver Disease
- Abdominal pain in the upper right side
- Ascites or abdominal swelling
- Abdominal distension
- Enlarged blood vessels just beneath the skin
- Red color palm
Fatty Liver Ayurvedic Treatment
There are many ways to heal a Fatty liver in Ayurveda. Multiple herbs in Ayurvedic Treatment supports the function of the liver and balances the Pitta dosha. Some of them improve the production of bile and others support the detoxification function of the liver.
In Ayurveda, different ways are used to heal your fatty liver problem.
1. Bitter Formula
In Ayurveda, it is believed that the intake of bitter herbs or food enhances the secretion of gastric juices and improves the tonicity of digestive tract muscles. Bitter herbs support the liver’s detoxification process and boost your immune system against various infections. Bitter herbs like turmeric, dandelion, goldenseal, and neem will help balance the pitta dosha or digestive fire.
Every day, you flood your liver with harmful toxins or nutrients. In that case, fasting will help you to improve the detoxification of the liver. In fasting, you have to drink fruit and vegetable juice every three hours, so that fasting will support your liver for its functioning. It is wise advice that does not starve yourself on the fasting day, because it will lead to tiredness or fatigue.
In Liver Ayurvedic Treatment, various herbs are used to clear the bowel for liver cells’ efficient functioning. Purgation is an essential step in Ayurvedic treatment; otherwise, the toxins will be reabsorbed rather than excreted out from the body.
In this ayurvedic process, you are asked to have psyllium with water once in a day daily to balance the Pitta dosha.
4. Lifestyle Modifications
In Liver Ayurvedic Treatment, Lifestyle modification is a must. If you want to save your liver from fat buildup, follow healthy lifestyle tips.
- Avoid the intake of alcohol and smoking cigarettes.
- Reduce the intake of high carbohydrates counting food items.
- Add green and fresh fruits in your diet.
- Have nuts and seeds in your daily routine to keep your liver healthy.
- Do physical activity regularly to boost the calorie burn or to maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid having nonvegetarian and dairy products.
- Cease the intake of spicy, oily, and too much hot or sour food.
- Cut down the sugar and extra salt intake.
If you follow these guidelines in your daily life, you will never get a problem with fatty liver.
5. Healthy diet
Here is a list of food that you can eat to take care of the liver or prevent your liver from excessive fat deposition.
- Raw garlic
- Green Tea
- Whole grains ( Oats, whole wheat)
- Seeds (flaxseed, Sunflower seeds)
- Nuts ( Almond, walnut
- Olive oil
- Vegetables ( Mustard greens, spinach, broccoli, kale)
6. Yoga And Pranayam
For every disease healing In Ayurveda, various yoga asanas will balance your three doshas and protect you from multiple diseases. In the prevention of fatty liver, there are some Yoga asanas and pranayama. The practice of yoga asanas and pranayama improves liver function and prevents fat deposition.
- Paripurna Navasana
- Anulom Vilom
7. Panchakarma Therapy
It is an essential part of Fatty Liver Ayurvedic Treatment. Various ayurvedic ways are used to excrete the toxins and poisonous substances from the whole body to improve the liver function. It includes,
- Purvakarma Therapy ( Snehana, and Swedana)
These Ayurvedic processes are helpful in the removal of toxins and prevent your body from various health problems.
8. Use of natural herbs
Natural Herbs are vital to take care of the liver. Multiple herbs help to take care of liver health.
- Milk Thistle: It is a natural herb with the antioxidant-rich property. It boosts the detoxification process of the liver and prevents extra fat buildup.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an anti-inflammatory herb that protects your liver from various infections. It improves bowel movement and reduces the risk of toxins accumulation in the liver.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has vast medicinal properties. It boosts the detoxification process and reduces the chance of getting a fatty liver problem.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is Antioxidant-rich natural herb. It improves digestion and metabolism. It boosts the fat burning process and helps in healthy weight loss.
Along with these herbs, you can use other spices, such as Carom seeds, Brahami, Neem, Bael, and Dandelion, to protect your body from fatty liver problems.