Currently, the Electrical Engineering sector is facing a vital transformation. All the development departments as well as ambitious researchers are focusing on improving ways to store, collect and consume energy for future requirements.
However, various scientists and electrical engineers across the globe have successfully seen significant progress in this field.
The electrical engineers are given the responsibility of developing, designing, supervising, and testing the manufacture of electrical equipment. Electrical equipment includes radar and navigation systems, electric motors, power generation equipment, communication systems, etc. Therefore, electrical engineers are successfully contributing to our improved lifestyle and society. This is one of the engineering branches that is widely chosen, as a result of its relevance in the future scenario. Furthermore, numerous electrical engineering colleges across the world offer study programs at various levels.
In this blog, we will briefly discuss this sector and the future trends in Electrical Engineering.
Table of Contents:
- Study of Electrical Engineering
- What will be the most influential future trends in Electrical Engineering?
- Essential Skill Sets required for Electrical Engineering
- Why study Electrical Engineering at Arya College?
Study of Electrical Engineering
This discipline of engineering is generally associated with the study of devices, equipment, and systems that make use of electronics, electricity, and electromagnetism. To pursue a degree in electrical engineering, you can enroll in some of the best electrical engineering colleges in India.
And, you can pursue the study of electrical engineering at undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and doctoral levels. Moreover, admission to undergraduate, and postgraduate electrical engineering courses is based on the entrance examination scores in maximum colleges and universities.
What will be the most influential future trends in Electrical Engineering?
Despite the significant advancements the electrical engineering industry has gone through all over the years, it didn’t experience any signs of slowing down. Here’s a mention of some of the interesting electrical engineering trends to watch in the future.
- Wireless Transfer of Electricity: This idea of transferring electricity was invented in the United States, some two or three years back. However, this technology lets electricity transmit over distances through wood, air, plastic, grass, etc. Right now, this technology is in its primitive stages but is expected to make more progress soon. However, the maximum electronic companies could leverage the wireless transfer of electricity in making wireless charging devices for laptops, smartphones, and earphones. As a result, you might be able to get rid of the power cables that are used on a daily basis.
- Enhanced Battery Technology: As we know wind and solar energy is termed the purest forms of sustainable energy. But, they will work well with batteries, therefore numerous electrical corporations and departments are working toward developing superior batteries. This enhanced technology will, however, lead to improved functioning of electric vehicles.
- Use of Smart Grids: A grid, as we all know, is a collection of electrical lines that carry electricity from a power source to the human population. And, for many years, the people were dependent exclusively on electricity obtained from a natural power grid. But, with advancements in this sector, the electrical system has been upgraded considerably. And, the smart grids successfully increase efficiency and reduce costs by allowing end-to-end communication between power plants, distribution sites, and the user’s electrical point-of-presence.
- Energy-Saving Lights: According to facts, energy-saving bulbs mostly make use of less than 80% energy needed by traditional light bulbs. Right now, LED lights that consume less energy are installed everywhere, and this energy-saving technology will continue to develop.
- Internet of Things: This is one of the trending technologies that have major influences on various aspects of the electrical engineering sector. The Internet of Things is mostly a collection of things that are connected through the internet, including people, technological equipment, roadways, processes, buildings, and almost everything that surrounds us. The Internet of Things is linked with the electrical engineering field in multiple ways that include smart lighting, VLC (Visible Light Communication), smart grids, etc.
Apart from these, other trending technologies are going through immense development and will show more progress in the future. As a result, electrical engineers have a lot to deal with, and it will be a treat to see amazing inventions come to fruition. Therefore, this field is considered one of the most interesting disciplines of engineering.
Essential Skill Sets required for Electrical Engineering
The profession of electrical engineers demands the necessity of having excellent technical knowledge of their domain and proper knowledge of designing electrical systems. Besides these, some of the skills that an electrical engineer might have are given below:
- Organizational Skills
- Drafting Electrical Plans
- Data Analysis
- Knowledge of construction plans
- Electrical Circuits Knowledge
- Communication and interpersonal skills
However, the best electrical engineering colleges in India successfully provide you with enough knowledge and guide you in developing such skills during your academic tenure.
Why study Electrical Engineering at Arya College?
The Electrical Engineering department of Arya College Jaipur teaches its students to understand, analyze as well as apply the underlying electrical principles via a comprehensive syllabus of Control and Power Systems, Electrical and Electronic Network Theories, Electrical Machines, etc.
The college offers both B.Tech and M.Tech degrees in Electrical Engineering and is widely recognized as one of the best electrical engineering colleges in India.
With the presence of excellent faculty members, well-equipped laboratories, and other facilities the department supports the students to prepare for successful careers in electrical engineering, with strong professional behavior and ethics.
For further information, please visit their official website. The Arya College Jaipur was, however, established in 2000 and since then it has offered excellent study programs to its students.
As we know, electricity is a basic form of energy that operates the world around us. Moreover, the development of this sector is essential for rapid growth in the agricultural as well as industrial sectors. Therefore, electrical engineering is one of the rewarding areas of study that can provide plenty of opportunities in the future.
And, if you are looking for the topmost electrical engineering courses, Arya College is a wise option. Through this blog, we tried to present the importance of electrical engineering study programs, and other developments the world is yet to witness in this sector.
- What are the top job profiles for Electrical Engineering?
The most renowned electrical engineering job profiles include the roles of Power Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Control and Instrumentation Engineer, Design Engineer, Broadcast Engineer, System Analyst, etc.
- What are the different subjects taught in the Electrical Engineering Course?
Digital Electronic Circuits, Power Electronic Converters, High Voltage Engineering, microprocessors and Microcontroller, and others are some of the core included subjects. Signals and Systems, Control of Electric Drives, etc mainly come under the elective subjects.
- What is the initial salary for an Electrical Engineer in India?
An Electrical Engineer generally receives a starting salary of approximately Rs. 1.5 lakhs per year in India.
- What are the course fees for electrical engineering courses in India?
The fees of the best electrical engineering colleges in India vary from INR 6 lakhs to INR 10 lakhs.